Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Of Honest Fame" favorites

Naming my favorite character in Of Honest Fame is tough, because they're all such good, deep characters. I enjoyed Jesuadon's story quite a bit because of the dual sides of his personality you got to see. His character was very well done. But in the end I think I have to go with Boy Tirrell as my favorite. It's hard to say exactly why without giving away important plot tidbits and ruining it for those who haven't read the book yet, but I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to like this character when I read this...

"Boy listened to Planta in the next room, searching for any sign of a forced entry, any irregularities among the contents of his desk, and smiled to himself. He wouldn't find any because there weren't any to find. He had seen to that. Made certain of it. "Silly cock," he whispered, but without malice. No one caught Boy Tirrell twice. No one." 

Doesn't that just make you want to read more? I loved all of Tirrell's impressive talents, his quiet but strong presence, and definitely the surprises that went along with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment