Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness Blogfest

As a part of the Wayman Publishing "Random Acts of Kindness" blogfest, I wanted to share a quick story. 

***

Three years ago I decided to go back to school and work on becoming a registered dental hygienist. After a year of prereqs I got accepted to the program. That's when the real worked started. The program was harder than I ever expected and consumed nearly all my time. My poor family put up with endless amounts of homework and late nights while I tried to power through my classes. 

Along with my family's amazing support, a sweet lady in my church took it upon herself to find a way to help me and my family and make getting through school a little easier. What Charlotte decided to do made such an impact on me that I will never forget her kindness. Charlotte brought us dinner once a month for two entire semesters. I was so blown away by her thoughtfulness. Every meal was homemade and delicious, but what really made them special was that she did it with so much kindness. It was one night we didn't have to worry about cooking when my husband and I were both getting home late. It took away so much stress and made spending a little more time with my family possible. I am so grateful for Charlotte and the kind person she is!

Stop by and check out the other wonderful stories!

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for that church tradition of providing meals during times of fellow members' stress or sorrow. Probably a holdover from communal, even tribal days. Tho I gather you're a "young adult paranormal romance" kinda writer, I'd love to hear what you think of my forthcoming book, Cleft Heart. It's a coming-of-age memoir featuring intertwining love stores, family tragedy, and ultimate triumph.
    Check out my RAK blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Karl. Your memoir sounds very interesting. I'll pop over to your blog and check it out.

      Delete