Thursday, May 3, 2012

Favorites from "Faerie Wishes"

I read all kinds of genres, reading levels, and topics because I just love to read, but young adult fiction has always been my favorite. What I love about YA is that you can usually get a great story without so much of the violence, language, and sex. I know that's changing in some ways, but one of the nice things about Faerie Wishes is that is captured that young, slightly naive, tone that is really one seen in kids.

The cast of characters is small in this book, but I did enjoy Juniper. I liked how she was able to counsele her friend without trying to force her into a choice. Those kind of friends aren't always easy to find.

Another aspect I enjoyed was the simplicity of the book. I'm a fan of Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, and I love the intricacy of their plots and characters, but every once in a while it is nice to have a story paired down to the basics so you can focus on the characters.

These are just a few tidbits about the book I wanted to share today. Tomorrow I'll have a full review posted for Faerie Wishes, so stop back by tomorrow to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment