Thursday, February 28, 2013

Favorites: Almost a Turkish Soap Opera

One aspect of Almost a Turkish Soap Opera that I enjoyed was getting a glimpse into the Turkish culture. I have lived all of my life in the western United States. There is not a strong Turkish presence in New Mexico, so I had very little knowledge of their culture and practices. 

The novel was a wonderful introduction to the Turkish culture. Anne-Rae painted a very vivid picture of her characters' lives and how their upbringing and the pressure from family and culture affected their decisions and lives. Even when a certain aspect was unfamiliar to me, or different from what I would expect, she did a very good job of explaining the reasoning and making it seem familiar to the reader. 


Stay up to date on Anne-Rae's projects by connecting on FacebookTwitterGoodreads, and her Website

Almost a Turkish Soap Opera is available from Amazon

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you enjoyed the story. Thank you again for having me on your wonderful blog. I love the design by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I enjoyed getting to know more about you and your book this week!

    ReplyDelete