Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Introducing: Marja McGraw

This week's featured author is Marja McGraw. Marja is the author of the "Sandi Webster Mysteries" and the "Bogey Man Mysteries," two humorous mystery series. Keep reading to find out more about Marja and her books. 



"Marja McGraw is originally from Southern California, where she worked in both criminal and civil law enforcement for several years.


Relocating to Northern Nevada, she worked for the Nevada Department of Transportation.  Marja also did a stint in Oregon where she worked for the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and owned her own business, a Tea Room/Antique store. After a brief stop in Wasilla, Alaska, she returned to Nevada. She’s also worked for a library and for a city building department.


Marja wrote a weekly column for a small newspaper in No. Nevada and she was the editor for the Sisters in Crime Internet Newsletter for a year and a half. She’s appeared on television in Nevada, and she’s also been a guest on various radio and Internet radio shows.


She writes the Sandi Webster Mysteries and the Bogey Man Mysteries, and says that each of her mysteries contains “a little humor, a little romance and A Little Murder!”


She currently resides in Arizona with her husband, where life is good."


You can connect with Marja on her blog. Stay up to date on her writing by visiting her at Marja McGraw ~ Mystery Writer


Bogey Nights is available now from Amazon in Paperback and EbookBarnes and NobleFictionwise, and Books-A-Million

16 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Bogey Man mysteries. Always great to learn more about Marja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, Thank you for your enthusiasm! Great way to start the day, and I feel the same way about both of your series.

      Delete
  2. Marja,
    I love both of the series that you write but I'm partial to your Sandi Webster series. I want to mention your book trailers. When I saw the trailer for "Old Murders Never Die," I immediately ordered the book. Very enticing!
    I'm working on a trailer for my mystery novel right now and I have the deepest admiration and respect for the job you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, Thank you so much. Between you and Marilyn, my head is going to swell. :) And thank you for the plug for my book trailers, too. I can't wait to see your book trailer.

      I have to laugh when I watch the trailer for Old Murders though. It says, "One last question," and then I ask about four more questions. Can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Patricia, I quite like Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brenda. Sandi's been a lot of fun to write, and I even let her take over my blog one time. She and Chris (Bogey Man) are completely different characters, and I have a great time with both of them.

      Delete
  4. Journalism training is such great training. Working on a weekly column must be one of the many reasons she's such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, John, thank you! It was a very small newspaper, so I think people were more forgiving. It did require quite a lot of research though. Thank you for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have quite a diverse background, Marja, and I've always heard that makes for a better writer. In your case, it must be true. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Variety is the spice of life? Sometimes it IS life. Thank you so much for stopping in, Earl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only are your books great, but your book trailers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fun info about you, Marja. (I Google+ this post!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I just got home from work and you made me smile.

      Delete
  10. Agree with Lesley Diehl you have great book trailers. Have found your recommendations for reading a plus especially "Bogey" who is one of our favorite characters. As stated on another blog our favorite book is: OLD MURDERS NEVER DIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jake! That happens to be my favorite, too. Well, maybe it's Bogey Nights. Hmm. I'll have to think about that. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  11. Lesley, Thank you so much! I didn't know anyone was watching the trailers, so you're all making me feel pretty good about them, and I'm so pleased that you've enjoyed the books. I recently read Angel Sleuth and truly had a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete