Thursday, October 18, 2012

Favorites: Night Journey

Books and movies that are based on true stories have always interested me. Having a base in reality brings another layer to the story for me. This is especially true for spooky stories! 

I loved that Night Journey was based in a real hotel with an actual history of hauntings. While some ghosts mentioned in the book are fictional, many of the accounts mentioned are recorded events. I love scary stories, and reading this while knowing that real people who have visited this hotel have had these strange encounters gives me goosebumps. 

If the setting had been entirely fictional, I don't know that this story would have had the same impact on me as I read. I kept picturing real hotel guests encountering the same phenomenon. It made me want to visit The Crescent Hotel!

Night Journey is available now from Amazon and B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment