Thursday, January 10, 2013

Favorites: Ghost Writer

Finishing the novel of a long dead romance writer is intriguing enough, but finding out that his scratchy penmanship and dull prose are what she's meant to work with sets Nan up for an plenty of trials and opportunities to grow. 

What I enjoyed about this story were the relationships that developed between the characters. In the beginning, the animosity between Nan and her resident ghost will keep readers chuckling. Their initial dislike for one another makes watching them change and develop all the more interesting. I enjoyed the character development in Ghost Writer quite a bit. I even was glad to see Nan develop a more caring attitude toward Mitzi, the little dog she never wanted but finds herself responsible for. Readers will enjoy meeting these characters and following their story. 

Ghost Writer is available now from Amazon

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm s glad you enjoyed the story and the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna! I'm just now getting caught up on my blog reading for the week. I'm not a big romance reader, but your book sounds intriquing--a "ghost and Mrs. Muir" type of relationship. The setting sounds wonderful. I wish I had a ghost writer to finish my books for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a a ghost editor! Thanks for stopping by, Sally!

      Delete
  3. Larry and Lorna Collins are favs over at All Mystery e-newsletter's yahoo group, so I'm here to *wave* at them and wish them success.

    They'll be featured as one of the Top 10 at All Mystery e-newsletter Feb 2nd!

    Bestseller$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting for them! Thanks for letting everyone know.

      Delete