Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Interview: Angela Fristoe

Now, let's find out more about Angela's new series. 


1. Tell us something about yourself and how you became a writer.

Writing is something that I truly just started one random day. I'd never really considered it a possible career for myself. My sister was always the writer in our family. Once I started, though, I fell in love with it. I found an amazing writing community that was quick to tell me my first efforts sucked, but there was potential, and then helped me develop my writing style and let me grow as a writer.

2. Tell us about your new series.

A Touched Trilogy is a series following three sisters who were born having special abilities. Book One, Lie to Me, is Phoebe’s story as she deals with her gift of being able to discern lies finally emerges. She is faced with learning not only how to use her gift but also when. Book 2, Heal Me, is Lil’s story and will be available this spring. Lily’s is the healer of the family, but even she can’t heal everything and when someone close to her dies she struggles with how use her gift without hurting herself. Book 3, tentatively titled Watch Me, follows Chloe. Chloe can see the future and it’s always been black and white with her, but lately her visions are clouded with gray and when she has visions of a vicious attack she begins to wonder if maybe the future she sees can be changed.

3. What inspired you to write your series?

A Touched Trilogy really started as a thought about how great it would be to know when someone was lying. From there my husband brought up the concept of spiritual gifts that are discussed in the Bible. Even though my series isn’t Christian fiction, I did use those gifts to provide a frame work for the different gifts the girls and their family members have.

4. Tell us a little about your road to publication. Was it a long one? Do you have an agent? In your opinion are they even necessary?

Lie to Me is my second novel (Songbird was released 2011) and both have been published through Little Prince Publishing. LPP is a small independent publisher and I love the amount of control I have over my work. I am the final decision maker on everything, and they are there to support me on my publishing road. I don’t have an agent, but I am not against them. I think agents can be valuable in ensuring that you find reputable publishing houses and getting your manuscript entry into the bigger houses.

5. What are some books you would recommend or are looking forward to reading?

I am a huge reader and love to read and review YA books. As a Zombie fanatic (And yes Zombies are important enough to me that I capitalize them) I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth series, as well as This is Not a Test. If you don’t like scary books, then Bad Taste in Boys is funny with Zombies. I’ve also been on a huge Divergent kick, and have read it a few times. There is so amazing world building along with an intricately developed plot. As for upcoming books, I have such a huge TBR list I can’t even start listing them. You can always check out my blog to see what I’m reading and what is coming up.

6. Where can readers find you? 



Lie to Me is available now from SmashwordsAmazon, and Barnes and Noble

6 comments:

  1. Very cool story...will have to pick up the first book in the series! Sounds like a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great read! I hope you enjoy it, Cody. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Hope you enjoy it. :) Angela

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on you books and their success!

    ReplyDelete