Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Golding Browning, Editor at Storyteller Publishing and author of "Night Journey," tagged me in as a part of The Next Big Thing Blog Hop! Thank you, Goldie, for tagging me! 

What that means for my readers is that you all get to know a little more about me and my next project "Godling Hunger," which will be released later this year. Not only that, but you can learn more about Goldie as well by heading over to her blog!

So here we go!


1. What is the title of your next book? The series I'm working on right now is the "Godling Series." The First book will be "Godling Hunger," followed by "Godling Power" and "Godling Glory."

2. Where did the idea come from for the book? I was reading one of the "Dresden Files" books by Jim Butcher and  he used the word godling to describe the main character's half-vampire brother. The word really stuck with me and made me start thinking. 

3. What genre does your book fall under? I would classify it as YA urban fantasy, but I think it will attract YA paranormal and paranormal romance readers as well. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? For the two main characters, who are siblings Vanessa (Van) and Zander Roth, I would go with Dakota Fanning and Alex Pettyfer. 

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Van and Zander Roth struggle to live normal lives while hiding their cursed hunger for pain and suffering, but the appearance of a strange new girl, Ivy, may put everything, including their very lives at risk if they can't figure out what she is after and stop her in time. 

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? It probably took about two months, but I've been editing and rewriting on and off for the last year in between school semesters. 

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Van and Zander are not vampires, werewolves, or any other mythical creatures, but they so suffer from an unrelenting hunger for other people's pain. I would say "Godling Hunger" would attract readers who enjoyed "Twilight," "Evermore," and similar books. 

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? There are many books about angels and demons, vampires, werewolves, etc. where the either the character discovers a hidden aspect of their world, or the mythical being is struggling to not give in to their desires. I wanted to do something a little different. In "Godling Hunger" the Roth children have no idea what they are. They seem to be the only people cursed with their hunger. They see themselves as mistakes, freaks. Not only are they trying to controls themselves, they're trying to figure out who and what they are, and if they really are alone. 

10. What else about your book might pique the reader interest? The hunger Van and Zander suffer from not only puts a damper on their social lives, it means love is more than a little complicated. Van and Zander both find themselves in difficult situations where being with the person they love could result not only in heartbreak, but in death also if the risks prove too great.

Now you get to learn more about even more upcoming books that are sure to keep you turning page after page! Stop by and visit Kim Rendfeld (The Cross and The Dragon), Laurel Bradley (Trust No One), Nancy Jardine, (The Beltane Choice), Sally Carpenter (The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper), and Shewanda Pugh (Crimson Footprints). 

6 comments:

  1. I think the book idea sounds very interesting - something I would pick up. But I wonder if people would be turned off by the "hunger" part in the title, as it seems to be too close to the Hunger Games to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Leigh. I think Hunger could remind people of Hunger games, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I think readers who like Hunger Games will also like Godling Hunger. I'm glad you thought the concept of the book was interesting! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I admire your talent! Your imagination, creativity, and your characters are amazing! I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found the characters interesting! I'm really excited about this series :) Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia!

      Delete
  3. Good for you! It sounds exciting and I'm totally interested in this. I'm also more hopeful since I'll be self publishing at the end of the month myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting for you, Sharon! I'd love to hear more about your book. I'm always happy to help promote other indie authors.

      Delete